A Modern Hallway

One thing that I notice when looking at homes is the overwhelming stimulation from visual clutter. It is a fact of life that we all need stuff to make our lives simpler. Homes should provide a respite from the world while reflecting our personal sense of style. 

If you have an architectural detail in your hallway consider yourself lucky. Most of us have to create a focal point. What do you want to say about your home? Practical and pretty is ideal!

Our downsized home features a hallway with an entry point to every room in our home.  It even has a passage to both the front and back doors! Seating and storage were at the top of my practical list but I prefer to enjoy meaningful items that speak to my soul. Even in a very small home it is possible to have essentials at the ready while creating a place for seasonal pretties! 

There are many varieties of shelves from which to select. Glass shelves in a small space help to reduce the clutter. Although these are not glass they do allow the items to float. Many of these 'pretties' fill my soul either because they prompt a memory or person in my life. It is likely that you have items of significance that you can display too!

 

 I recently purchased this shelf at World Market and it catches everything at the back door in the hallway. Keys, flashlights, glasses, matches to light the candle that often burns in the hallway and plants. 


Apparently I have a preference for brass shelves. They are classic and timeless. The light on top provides evening ambiance. Flameless candles on timers are the best! The little fleur de lis was a gift from a dear friend that reminds me of La Belle Province from whence I hail. I repurposed an Oneida sugar bowl that my mom bought with her first job earnings and filled it with wheat from our daughters wedding. Add a plant, any plant but succulents are easy care and speak to our climate.


Go for texture! Add cloth, wicker, ceramic,  wax, metal and glass and the variety will make it interesting. 

I hope you enjoyed at peek into my hallways/wallways!  A bonus is that they are out of reach of pets and children!

 
Follow this link below to view architect and designer styled modern hallways. 



Comments

Popular Posts