g.a.t.h.e.r

I am so excited to be participating in Ali Edwards One Little Word 2015!
 Last year my word kept coming into my life and it ended up refining my
 New Years resolutions all year long. 

2015:GATHER - that's all. It makes my heart sing!




The word came to me during an on-line class led by Deryn Mentock to GATHER papers, stationary, and mixed media products. 
 The inspiration for the journal was some beautiful Italian fabric gifted by my nephew. The sad irony is that once the fabric is used it is no longer available.
I love my solution to use just a little so there is more for another project!

Here is a peek at the finished journal.
The foundation is the front and back cover of an old leather book.
Back cover was layered with fabrics, papers and lace.
The gather of paper fibers was a statewide mission.
 This image was printed on photo paper and transferred. 
Kind of looks like a giclee.
 We personalized the journal with ephemera.
We stitched
stamped & stapled. 
Five separate sections were tied in with leather cord.
attached to the spine and voila!
Our family gathers often in love and celebration.
Jack is 3! 
The little guy did not stand still long enough for me to get a clear picture.
My baby turned 30!
We almost burned down the restaurant!
Son in laws!
We gathered with our nephew in Washington DC where we were privileged guests of the State of Arizona to witness oral arguments in front of the Supreme Court Justices.
Out on the town in DC
I achieved aunt status in 1989. Ryan is truly a blessing in my life. 
 This case will be a landmark elections case for Independent Redistricting Commissions across the country. You can read more here

These desert rats survived the cold!
For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them."
Matthew 18:20

Comments

Popular Posts