A Desert Surprise



 



This desert!

We were treated with a winter storm that lifted our spirits. 
As we approach 365 days of Covid and quarantine life, we are reminded to take pleasure in  little miracles. 

There is considerable time to contemplate what everyone is doing for projects during this unusual solitude. Fortunately the You Tube rabbit hole is alive and well.
I came out on the other side vowing to use supplies that are on hand. 
For a long time I have followed  Stephanie Ackerman and hope to attend one of her retreats someday. 
 This is  what I created from her Mixed and Stitched class using fabrics in my stash. 
The houses are embroidered onto the squares.
 It is good therapy during zoom sessions!

  

It reminds me of a village!

I have been wanting to practice sewing zippers.
 These cool brass vintage zippers were just the right length for small pouches.


They are lined and finished with precise detail and they really tried my patience. 
Well actually my sewing machine and iron both provided resistance until about the time I figured it all out.
Every day is a gift.
Loving this devotional for 2021.
How do we make joy a habit in our everyday lives so our reflex is always love for the people around us?
Live in Grace, Walk in Love 
Bob Goff
May your hearts be filled with love!



Comments

Popular Posts