Life's Wandering

School's out for summer! 
The end of year skate party just might have made you laugh more if I had a photo of the two grandmas on wheels, but alas this was my view and thankfully no one snapped a picture of us!
We celebrated our grandson's love for learning and promotion from kindergarten.


Learning continues through the summer with a visit to The Tucson Children's Museum. The museum is interactive for all age groups and is one of the most creative venues I have visited. The exhibits teach real life skills. As you can see I have helpers that will do my groceries

 listen to the hearts of those that need healing
 give immunizations to those that are well
and drive me places. 
There is something for every age group. 
These magnetic PVC pipes can be creatively arranged to drop in ping pong balls where they follow their course into a trough for easy retrieval. 
This might be worth building in a playroom if you are occupying many!  
Hello from the Garden of Gethsamane in Tucson. Word to the wise...take shade!
My guy got another year older and he just gets more handsome every year.
We will be hanging out in the Old Pueblo all summer so I surprised him with 6 months of dates to take us through the end of the year. It was great fun coming up with original ideas! 
love how the kiddos gather when gifts are involved
It was a handmade effort given with much love!
To know me is to know that I love a good building tour.
 On this Tuesday sunset evening I was in the right place at the wrong time. 
Thus, my tour with the Yuma Latter Day Saints Leadership followed by a reception fit for a king. 
I joined the grand daddy of  Temple Tours; but let me back up.
I GOT THE DATE WRONG! 
The public relations director extended 'tender mercies' as I tagged along somewhat confused about the whereabouts of my hostess.
I could not have been more grateful for their welcome! 
Did you know that all desert tortoises in Arizona belong to the state?
True dat! If you are caring for one you are merely the custodian.
Welcome "Tucker" to our yard. He is so interesting to observe. 
He mowed down so many plants at first and was very fond of this potato plant.
We are preparing a winter habitat for him and he is gradually becoming less shy.
I need to share a most humbling experience in meeting Amanda Mae yesterday at the Twenty Five and Four Fundraiser. I was not certain if she would be there since she is the mother of two small boys and already gives so much to families struggling through heartache and uncertainty in the NICU.
 Amanda was there.
 Amanda was there all day. 
Amanda stood at the door and greeted everyone that entered.
 Amanda shines hope in others. 
His grace radiates in Amanda. 
The Nook was a fantastic restaurant that I would not otherwise have visited. Their generosity is authentic; they have first hand experience with a NICU baby. Go...support them. Owning a small business is rough. Owning a restaurant is rougher. I have done both! I met small children that beat the odds. I met strong mothers that make what I did with full term babies look easy. Diaper shirts got their start at the hospital where my kiddos were born over 30 years ago and I do not pretend to understand the sacrifices of pre-term babies and their families but I am proud to have been involved in the grass roots efforts to sew and deliver shirts to St. Joseph' Hospital in Tucson. Thank you for the privilege. My grand daughter is in 2nd grade and is choosing the fabrics, helping to pin, iron and sew. I am humbled indeed!
 I am overwhelmed by the goodness of this organization.
 We take time out to role play with our hand puppets before they are top stitched.

This little guy has my heart!
He has no idea how sweet he is and someday he will be a good catch.
But for now stay your tender, funny, happy, sweet self!
Let freedom ring all the days!



Comments

Popular Posts