Encouraged

This is the park behind my house and it is so encouraging.
The leaves remind me that we have to fall as part of our life cycle.
What falls can be beautiful, graceful and nourishing. 
2020 has finally fallen away.
 Each of us has stories.
I would love to hear yours!
Here is a little of my story, far from graceful but as simple as the leaves.
Each season was spent waiting for the next to arrive.
Waiting and waiting some more.
The word that I choose last year was hope. 
I am grateful that the implication was intangible and unnerved that waiting caused anxiety!
Not to fear, I was joined worldwide in hope.
Welcome 2021!
 Fit for purpose.
Fit to serve.
Fit in.


I will continue to pursue learning about essential oils and their properties. 
It fits.
Habit trackers have typically not worked for me.
I do the work but then forget to write it down. 
The app that I am using will help me to remember what activity I did on a specific day.
I wish that I had thought through the colors since they ought to change seasonally.
One thing I want to fit into my life is baking sourdough bread.
Having rehearsed the practice of patience and waiting last year should make this a breeze!


I had set a goal to make 100 shirts for premature babies in 2020.
The program is temporarily halted due to Covid.
 I did stay the course and completed 93 shirts. 
During the early months of Covid pre-terms births were down 73% based on this study in Ireland in the spring.
That is so encouraging!
These shirts are dedicated to the memory of a friend that gifted me fabric.
We have experienced the loss of 6 wise and wonderful people in our tribe that we were proud to know.
Someday I hope our community can come together and celebrate their lives but for now this brings encouragement.

Best of health to you as you navigate the hours, days and weeks ahead.







 
  

 

Comments

Popular Posts