Simplify

Eleven months ago I embarked on a year long project to produce 144 scrapbook pages during 2012. That is a lofty goal, but I was certain that I could make 12 pages per month. Easy right?


 
Only 13 pages are complete, hmmm...131 pages short! Insurmountable really at this point, but I linger on the process, continue to curate and when this story is ready to emerge I am confident that it will unfold. Until then this pile awaits!

Sometimes it is just easier to let it go and keep it simple, so accepting my limited pumpkin carving skills,  this Cinderella - esque coach emerged!

 
Our Thanksgiving was simple too...
 
 
 Just used what was on hand to create a festive table  
 
 

The turkey sort of reminded me of a movie called "Three Men and a Baby"*
 I love these guys
 

Twenty four pounds of delicious

 
"It's a girl"!
 
 
Fully decorated we are not but there are rumblings of Christmas by way of some ornaments.
Earlier in the year, I participated in an on-line class to up-cycle dominoes and this is how they sat for many months.
 
 
A Rose in my life got my studio in tip-top shape this year. These little gems were uncovered during the purge and are now available at Civano Gift Shop http://www.shoppe-at-civano.com/
 
 
 
Lastly, as I prepare my heart and our home for Christmas, I could not have found more joy than sharing in making this advent calendar for our grandchildren.
 
 
Each day ties to a reading and that is the meaning.
The visual effects help the kiddos to understand the story of Jesus and it is our hope that as they grow they will be able to take turns reading the scriptures.
Here are a couple of my favorites.
Jesus is the Prince of Peace  
 
 
Shepherds in the fields keeping watch over their flocks at night
 
 
Jesus is King of kings.
 

*Three wise men
 
Close to my Heart Calendar Kit

On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. Matthew 2:11


Our Christmas card will come to you in the form of a December Daily blog post at the end of next month. We cannot wait to share it with you!

Rick and I wish you all the blessings that this Christmas season has to offer.

Hugs,
Debbie
 
 
 
 

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts